Thursday, December 31, 2015

Happy New Year!


Happy to see 2015 coming to an end. It has certainly not been my favorite year, mostly due to health reasons, but also because of the drought (which seems to be abating). I looked through my posts to see what I had cooked and baked and I found one recipe, almost in the middle of the 2015 posts, which I think was my favorite for the year.

But before I tell you what it is, I want to say that there are a couple of recipes that I've made over and over during the year, with cole slaw using my favorite creamy cole slaw dressing being the leader. I posted it on January 1, 2008 and have been making it often ever since. There is something about finely chopped green cabbage and a creamy sweet-tart dressing that just go together. Strangely enough, I don't have a good photo for this, even though I made it tonight for dinner. Maybe I'll get a decent photo tomorrow when there is natural light, then I can update this post with a good photo.

Here it is.


I've also repeatedly made the Amazing Overnight Waffles


and Anzac cookies.

Both are easy and so delicious that I get requests for more. If you use the Anzac link, don't be fooled by the pink cake you see first. The Anzac recipe is just further down the post.

The newest repeat recipe is for a roasted mixture of yams and delicata squash with a sweet and spicy glaze.


Sweetie raves about that recipe and it's perfect for the fall and winter when winter squash are plentiful and wonderful. This was posted for the first time in October of this year, so it, unlike those above is a current recipe.

So my favorite recipe? It's a King Arthur Flour recipe for a French fruit tart. I made it in July.


Tender buttery almond crust, almond meal-rich filling and fresh raspberries and blackberries made it a hit and, although it looked impressive and tasted divine, it was fairly easy to make. Besides, it was fun to use the rectangular tart pan! I love the balance between the crust, filling and fruit that this recipe achieves. as well as the fact that it makes a stunning presentation.

So there we have it, my favorite recipes from 2015. Did you have a favorite I didn't include? Want to share?

No comments :

Post a Comment