Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bread Recipe Links for 2011


With only a few more days to go until it is 2012, I thought it might be nice to have the links for bread recipes all together in one place, so I just created a linked list at the Bread Baker's Dog recipe site.

Here is the URL: http://breadbakersdogrecipies.blogspot.com/ or click HERE

The recipes are broken down into categories that make sense to me (& I hope they do to you, too):
Bread with Wild Yeast which are bread recipes using sourdough starter

Bread with Yeast which are the non-sweet yeasted bread recipes

Flatbread - so far only a savory tart recipe

Made with Bread for things like French Toast and Bread Pudding that make use of already baked breads

Quickbread which is the non-sweet quick breads section

Rolls made with Yeast because I think that rolls should have their own category

Sourdough Specials for things like Pancakes and Waffles made with sourdough starter

Sweet Quick Breads for the sweet breads that are quick due to baking soda and/or baking powder instead of yeast

Sweet Yeasted Breads which are, of course, sweet breads made with yeast

I'll add other categories if I come across a recipe that doesn't seem to fit in these. I'm hoping to have some time soon to link the breads from years prior to 2011. In time there may even be separate pages for some of the other recipes I have a lot of in my index, like cookies or cake. When I do I'll post the link(s) here.

Hope you have a safe and happy New Year's Eve dear readers. Sweetie and I plan on a nice quiet one at home, just the two of us. I do have noisemakers to blow on when the New Year arrives to welcome it with silly sounds. I hope for myself that 2012 has more silly times and fewer stressful ones than 2011. No other resolutions at the moment.

3 comments :

  1. Organized!
    I like organized with silly sounds. But what's silly about cheering in the new year!
    Happy Days in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a fun combination...organized with silly sounds. Cheering in the new year is best with silly sounds, and maybe some bubbly, too. Funny hats are also great...must see if I can find some. Happy Days in the new year to you, too, Tanna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the organization and all the bread inspiration you provide! I hope your New Year is the best yet!

    ReplyDelete